Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thriller

AJ, AMM, my sister and I went to go see the Odyssey Dance Theatre production of Thriller last night. I have seen the advertisements around for years but when AJ suggested we go this year I thought it was a good idea. Of course I had no clue what the production would be like, but I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it (minus the video clips, I really want my ten minutes back for the shopping car clip. I felt like I was watching a really bad Sundance film). My favorite was Dem Bones that was done with black lights. It really looked like skeletons dancing on the stage. Ray Harryhausen would have been proud. I also enjoyed the River of Blood Dance (river dancers being shot) Frankenstein and Frankenstein number (the Bride of Frankenstein was so flexible). Over all you could tell the dancers were having fun which makes the event fun.

The production was playing at Kingsbury Hall and the U of U football game got out the same time we reached the campus. Roads were blocked off where we knew where to turn, so we took a scenic route around campus and arrived a little late. But of course going to an event is also part of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment