Sunday, October 17, 2010

Got Milk?

I know I do! I was reading an article that says that the average American consumes about 30 gallons of milk a year. That is more than any other country. That started me thinking about how much milk I consume. I can sit down at dinner and have 2-3 glasses. So I calculated that I probably go through 2 ½ gallons of milk a week, averaging 130 gallons of milk a year. That is 4xs the average (I never like being average). It could also be that my favorite snack/meal is cereal so that plays in my milk consumption. But I really do love milk. My favorite? Really cold 2% Cream of Weber. I am a milk snob. I can taste the difference between milk brands. Do not get me started on cloudy water (that is skim milk to the rest of you).

When we lived in PA there was a local convenient store by our house and the employees would joke about how our family would come in at least twice a week and purchase five gallons of milk at a time and commenting on our love of milk. When my sister and I went off to college the store closed. Our family joke is that happened because we were not there to keep them in business with our milk consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment