Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy 85th Angela Lansbury!

When I was kid I grew up watching Murder, She Wrote. It is a fun show to watch even now just to see who’s who in classic Hollywood guest starring. Though there is one thing to make note: Never, ever invite Jessica Fletcher to your wedding or have her come for a visit because a murder was guaranteed. Anyways, I grew up knowing Angela Lansbury as a kind, gentle woman from her roles like Murder She Wrote, Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Blue Hawaii. Then when I was in high school I watched Manchurian Candidate (1962) and that was when I realized that she really is a talented actor. If you get a chance, watch it. It’s one of my favorite psychological thrillers. The pace maybe a bit slow, but the cinematography/set designs in the flashback scenes were quite ingenious. Plus, you will never look at Angela Lansbury the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment