Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

My favorite part of Halloween is passing out the candy and looking at all the costumes. My favorite this year was this little Yoda who was brave enough to come to our door even though there was a bunch of teenagers there at the time. Our family likes to not only give out candy but something else. We have given out play dough, big plastic rings, mazes, etc. This year it was little game cards with Disney characters. We decided to let the kids choose which one and it was so much fun having them tell me why they picked Cinderella over Sleeping Beauty and such. I like it when I am passing out the candy and saying wait a minute I also have a game for you to choose and their faces light up and they say “cool” or “awesome.” I hope they think of our house like I think of the lady who lived behind us when I was a kid and she gave out nickels. I thought that was the best thing ever to get at Halloween.

Halloween also means lots of decorating, just not at our house. For the past couple of years my family has been in charge of decorating the attic at the library for our Halloween program "Scary Stories in the Attic". It is fun and my family really gets into it. It took us three Saturdays to set it up this year but I think it was worth it. This year we had a mad scientist lab to loosely go with our teen book festival yesterday that had a steampunk theme since Scott Westerfeld came along with 19 other teen authors. Yeah, our library rocks! I left my camera in the attic but I will post pictures next weekend of what you missed out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment