Friday, July 9, 2010

Modest Mouse

Last night AJ, DF, and I went to Pioneer Park and joined 40,000 other fans to see Modest Mouse free as part of the Salt Lake City’s Twilight Concert Series. They are most known for their song “Float On” that came out about five years ago. When we first arrived and waiting for entrance we felt old as we were surrounded by teenagers but as the evening progressed the ages varied. We sat and played Phase 10 while we waited the two hours for the concert to start. The opening band Avi Buffalo was not that great but I really do not like female lead singers so I am a little biased.

The venue was fine, but I really wished there was a way to enforce the no smoking (let alone the marijuana) and people getting drunk. Though it says no outside liquor there were many flasks and bottles of Jack Daniel going around. We ended up moving from our spot since the group in front of us was getting wasted/toasted and the concert hadn’t even begun.

I’m fine with crowds as long as I have my space but last night I got up close and personal with way too many people. Luckily I ended up finding the boarder gate and hung out there. By the end of the night I smelled of sweat (and not just mine), beer and cigarettes (again not mine).

But the band sounded great and it was free- thank you Salt Lake City. We still have another concert there to go to this summer. I am just going to find a better spot to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment