Sunday, July 25, 2010

Inception

I love psychological thrillers. With today’s film technology Inception could be made and be believed. The special effects were amazing but it was the emotion of the film that makes you stick around for the ride and see will that top stop spinning? Good ending by the way. I’m glad that Joseph Gordon-Levitt has had a career reboot because he did a great job in the action scenes and doing it in a dapper suit as well. I’m telling you guys need to wear suits more often. And it was nice to see Cillian Murphy not play the bad guy for once because really those blue eyes deserve better. Everyone in the cast did a good job. Tom Hardy with his lovely British accent, Michael Cain as always, and even Tom Berenger surprised me with a good performance. Ellen Page seemed a tad bit young for the role, but it did bring that bit of innocence and purity to a group of men who are a bit shady. Wow, I used the word bit three times in that sentence I need to use a thesaurus. And for Leonardo’s performance, he knows how to play the tortured soul so well.

Though you can figure some things out early in the film, I still enjoyed it for the effects and think the director Christopher Nolan did a wonderful job creating a dream world.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review....but, I am not sure about the phrase "even Tom Berenger". I think Tom Berenger is a very good actor (in his best films he is a great actor) and about four great directors agree. Berenger HAS been in some bad films, but so have other actors like Gene Hackman. During his career, Berenger has intuitively created a great breadth of roles.

    ReplyDelete