Sunday, June 27, 2010

Knight and Day

I will be the first person to admit that I have not been a Tom Cruise fan since my early teens, but I kept seeing advertisements for his new film Knight and Day with Cameron Diaz and I realized I really wanted to see it, action with humor- my kind of film. So Friday night I dragged AJ and AMM to go with me.

My thoughts:

I give it my approval for a good summer action-comedy flick.

There are some lines that are just priceless, such as “Man die already” that really make the film. It was interesting that the film was pretty clean for its subject matter but then they threw in some random strong language that seemed to be out of place and took away from the flow of the dialogue.

Over the years as Diaz's role choices have gotten better I have grown to like her and she found the perfect balance of acting for her character in the film. Peter Saarsgard, Paul Dano and Viola Davis were all great in the supporting cast roles.

Maybe seeing Tom Cruise crazy in real life has helped me accept his quirky role as a spy who may or may not be all there more believable.

There are great action scenes throughout the film, but the plane scene ranks up there for me. Overall, I enjoyed the film and would see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment