Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wimbledon

I love watching Wimbledon and today’s match of John Isner (USA) vs. Nicolas Mahut (FRA) is just a great example of why I do. It took three days to decide who won this qualifying round, just take a look at these statics:

Vital statistics:
Match duration: 11 hours, five minutes
Fifth set duration: Eight hours, 11 minutes
Total number of games: 183
Fifth set number of games: 138
Total number of points: 980
Isner aces: 112
Mahut aces: 103
Combined aces: 215
Isner winners: 246
Mahut winners: 244

I’m sorry Andy Roddick, you are no longer the only guy I am going to cheer for this year (besides the Bryan brothers for doubles) John just won my heart. Being 6’9 is not the only reason; he was humble at his victory. There is just more great things to come at this year at Wimbledon I can just feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment