Sunday, June 6, 2010

I Ran a 5K!

I ran a 5K (that is 3.1 miles). You read that correctly. Yes, the same person who doesn’t believe in running unless there is a basketball hoop at the other end has actually entered a race. Yesterday I ran in the Nestle Art City Days Family Fun Race with 2,000 other people including my friend AJ who has been training with me since January. She stuck by me even though she could have had a much lower time than my just shy of 40 minutes (personal best). All I can say is that I am very pleased with myself. Okay, actually I am very proud of myself. I woke up at 5:30 am to run a race. Putting two things I hate the most together- early morning and exercising. But now I can cross it off my list of things I want to accomplish in my life and I love crossing things off a to do list!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! That's an excellent time, especially for your first race!

    ReplyDelete