Thursday, June 3, 2010

Capitol Reef

For my annual Memorial Day hike with my friends we went to Capitol Reef National Park. This year JR joined AJ, AMM, and I and that made it fun. Tom Tom kept trying to tell us to go the back roads, so we had a very scenic view of southern Utah on the way down.

In Capitol Reef we visited the Pioneer School House, Historic Gifford Farmhouse, the Fremont Petroglyphs, and the Pioneer Register. We tried looking for the Cassidy Arch, but we had no luck. Went on two short hikes and then headed home. Pretty country down there, but I am very thankful that I was not one of the seven families that settled the area.

For dinner we stopped in Torrey and ate at the Chuck Wagon General Store where we ate Mexican, go figure. It makes me wonder how it would be to live in a tourist town. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment