Sunday, March 21, 2010

Remember Me

Ok, I will admit that I actually wanted to go see the film Remember Me to see Robert Pattinson without his pasty white make up and brooding vampire behavior. Plus Pierce Bronsan is always a plus. I just didn’t realize the film was going to be so depressing. It really is about a messed up family overcoming a terrible tragedy that ends in another terrible tragedy. It had a Sundance film feel to me, a bit rough on the edges. Better editing and cleaning up the language a bit would have made it more enjoyable especially Tate Ellington character who I would have loved more if they had. I decided to liken Pattinson’s character and look to Elvis Presley in Jailhouse Rock. Don’t laugh. They share the same hair, attitude and temperament. I did like that they casted Martha Plimpton (Goonies fame) as Ally’s mother. I don’t know if in the end it was worth missing out on the BYU men’s basketball game but I will tell you what I did learn from the film:

1. Eat dessert first.
2. Be grateful for my family.
3. “Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it. I tend to agree with the first part.”

In conjunction with the quote mentioned above, the film did make me ponder if I have done anything significant in my life to be remembered by.

No comments:

Post a Comment