Sunday, March 7, 2010

Primary

So for twelve weeks I have been asked to substitute in Primary during opening exercise while the teachers of the four year old class go to Teacher Development. One week down and I do not know how I am going to make it for the next eleven. Don’t get me wrong. I love kids, especially my nephews; it’s just that I have not been in Primary since I was in Primary. I may have substituted three times over the years but all my callings have been with teenagers (which I feel the most comfortable working with) and adults.

The four year olds have so much energy. I have six boys and sitting in the middle does not help the ones on the end behave. Luckily my arms do reach to tap their shoulders to have them sit back down in their seats to their dismay. I also feel like I am on display. I can see their mothers in the Primary Presidency looking at me and thinking, why did we ask her? Actually the Bishopric suggested my name to them since I do not have “other responsibilities” (I already have two callings, that is their way of saying, she is not married have her do it). It would be better to substitute during the class period time when I can feel more relaxed because being quiet is not really emphasized, then have their behavior on display for all to see during opening exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment