Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Now Playing

Lately I have been in the mood of the louder the better. That is probably why for the past few months Airborn Toxic Event’s self titled CD has become my favorite and most listened to. Now if they will only come to Utah and perform I would be very happy. Below are some songs that I keep playing over and over. Usually I just check out whatever group I am interested in listening to out of the library and after three weeks I get the songs out of my system, but these have hung on. After checking out Airbron Toxic Event for the third time, I decided that I just needed to go buy it.

Airborn Toxic Event- Sometime Around Midnight (or practically any song on their album)

Snow Patrol- Just Say Yes (Up to Now album has all my favorites) *

MGMT- Time to Pretend

Neon Trees- Animal (my new favorite song)

The Killers- Human (I love their Day and Age album) *

Sea Wolf- The Violet Hour

Coldplay- Viva La Vida *

Keane- Everybody’s Changing and Somewhere Only We Know *

Muse- Uprising and Resistance

Pink- Please Don’t Leave Me (she surprised me, usually I do not like women singers, but her album Funhouse has about four songs I like)

Lily Allen- The Fear

Letters to Cleo- I Want You to Want Me

The Cure- In Between Days, Cut Here, Close to Me (and many more)*

Postal Service- Such Great Heights

Modest Mouse- Float On

Franz Ferdinand- Take Me Out

For my nostalgic moments I listen to Dino: the Essential Dean Martin album and Frank Sinatra’s Nothing but the Best. I can be listening to one Muse song and switch to Sinatra for the next. My brain just works that way. Funny I know.

*-indicates that I have seen them perform in concert

No comments:

Post a Comment