Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Italian Girl in Algiers

At least once a year I try to go see an opera since the tickets only cost $15. I do not like the long dramas of the person laminting that they have lost their love. I enjoy the romantic comedies where I am guaranteed to laugh (though my favorite opera song is “Nessun Dorma” from Turnadot sung by Pavarotti which would not fall into that catergory, but then again I have never seen the opera).

Last night I went and saw The Italian Girl in Algiers. This is the write up from Utah Opera:

If you enjoyed Utah Opera’s recent productions of The Barber of Seville and Cinderella, Gioacchino Rossini’s hilarious opera, The Italian Girl in Algiers, will delight you with a comic stumble of a shipwreck, missing lovers, jealous wives, and meddling servants. Rossini's energetic melodies and hilarious characters will have you laughing from curtain up to curtain down.

I did laugh, I did enjoy the production and I think way worth the ticket price. Impress someone and invite them to the opera it will be something they will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment