Friday, December 24, 2010

One More Sleep 'til Christmas

To quote Kermit the Frog from The Muppet Christmas Carol (love that film, mainly because of Rizzo the Rat) only one more sleep ‘til Christmas. The older I get the less magical it seems to be. I have not really even been in the mood to watch my favorite Christmas films this year. What it comes down to you really need to have little ones around all excited about Santa Claus and the season to get you all excited about it as well.

I have decided that next year I really need to do more service to bring the true spirit. One of my favorite Christmas’ was when I was a senior in high school and I was a volunteer Salvation Army Bell Ringer. Every Friday night and Saturday day I rang the bell (actually I sat next to the bucket while a little musical bell played Christmas songs) at the local mall through the Christmas season. It was so fun to see the little kids come up and put pennies in. Ever since I was a little kid I loved doing the same thing and I can not pass a Salvation Army bucket and still not put money in today. Even though my family participated in a Sub for Santa project this year I really need to focus more on the Savior. So if anyone can think of a great service project let me know.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and to quote Bing Crosby from White Christmas that at this time of year may we “count our blessings instead of sheep.”

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment