Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just Another Day At Work

In my profession I have been asked many interesting questions. Today was one of those over the tops. I helped a patron propose to his girlfriend. Yep. You never know what you are going to be asked. Her favorite place is the library and her grandfather use to work here way back when so that is why he picked this place. So he gave us flowers to put out and a note and then when she finished reading it I had to approach her that we had something on hold for at the information desk (I felt like a stalker peeking through bookshelves to see when it was my cue). I then brought her to my desk and there we had her dream wedding dress waiting for her. Yeah, it was a bit embarrassing sharing in the private moment (as private as it can be in a public place). She was crying, he got down on one knee and gave her the ring. She said yes by the way.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! They really do have everything at the library...even wedding dresses. I guess it's better than being yelled at. :)

    ReplyDelete