Friday, January 8, 2010

Elvis

Today, Elvis Presley would have turned 75. He has been dead for 32 years yet everyone knows who he is. Now that is a music legend. You may be asking yourself, why would I be posting about Elvis? Well, before there was John Wayne in my life, there was Elvis. It started when I was in 3rd grade (7 years old) and lasted through 6th grade. I still love his music and enjoy his films I just don’t have a picture of him hanging on my wall. At times I really think I was born in the wrong era, but lucky for me I was not because wearing a dress everyday would have killed me. I only like Elvis when he was young and handsome, before the years of drugs and fame dragged him down. Every year in honor of him I watch one of his films for his birthday- mainly Blue Hawaii my personal favorite. Yes, it is fluffy but seeing Angela Lansbury (Murder She Wrote) play his mom is worth it even if you don’t like him. Plus the film has a great soundtrack that even you would recognize. G.I. Blues is a pretty good film as well—young Elvis in a uniform, need I say more?

Happy 75th Elvis!

1 comment: