Sunday, September 25, 2011

Real and One Republic

Last Saturday AJ and I went to a Real Salt Lake soccer game mainly so we could see One Republic perform after the game. I gave up the big BYU vs. U of U football game for this (which turned out for the best since I would have just been frustrated watching us hand the game over to the other team). This is my second adventure watching a live soccer match and it seemed to move more quickly. I attribute it to understanding the game more. Actually, I think I just decided to go with the flow of the game and not focus so much on the calls. Good news- Real won!

After the game we found seats closer to the stage and settled in for a long concert of five songs. Yeah, five songs. It was like getting a sample scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins and walking out without ordering. They canceled their earlier appearance this summer so I have been anticipating this concert for awhile and just wished I had more to enjoy. But I can’t complain because I do love their song “Secrets.” I find myself watching the film Sorcerers Apprentice anytime I see it on TV just to hear their music.

Luckily next month The Airborne Toxic Event is coming back into town with Panic at the Disco and Neon Trees. Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment