Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back to School

I love film history. I know it is not a surprise to any of you. If I were able to have my dream job, I would be a film historian or work with film preservation. At times I get antsy wondering why I am not doing what I love and start looking at film schools. During one of those times this past fall I found that UCLA’s Film School offers online courses during the summer. So I took the plunge and I enrolled in Acting and Performance in Film II. The class focused on the challenges actors face in performing in different genres like mystery, drama, comedy, etc. I enjoyed the lectures, the books I had to read, and the majority of the films I had to watch (I still hate Doctor Zhivago). This week they posted our final grade. Drum roll please . . .I got an A+! Brace yourself I’m going to brag a bit more – an A+! Of course I want to send a big thank you for MN in helping me edit my papers. But it really does make a difference if you love the subject you are studying. So after successfully completing one course, I will be registering next summer for another class and hopefully this will help tame the film lover inside me. But I may have just wakened the beast.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Good job! (on the A+ and just signing up and doing something you're so interested in)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! You rock! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete