Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Hit

My father, sister and I went and saw the Orem Hale Theater production of The Hit by Mike Buckley:

“Susan is dying. But when she hires an inept hit man to speed thing up, things get topsy-turvy funny in a hurry. A zany and heartwarming play about dying and learning to live.”

We went to the afternoon showing and noticed that the audience was made up of more of the mature set then other performances I have gone to, which is not bad just an observation. Since it is a theater in a round, you feel part of the production like you are witnessing it as a fly on the wall. The play was funny, it was enjoyable, and for only $15.50 way worth the money. The bit players coming into the antique shop to make “purchases” were a delight especially the ones played by Levi Larson. Plus I loved the running gag of the family heirloom for every character. After the play I asked my sister didn’t David St. Julien’s funny performance reminded you of Kirby Heyburn and she agreed. You still have another week to catch it, don’t miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment