Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ice Ice Baby

I’ve been in the mood for hockey for awhile so when I saw that the Stockton, CA Thunder was taking on the Utah Grizzles that sealed the deal. So this past weekend, AJ, AMM, JR and I went. I’ve been to two other hockey games but it has been years so I still don’t get all the rules. But one thing I knew for sure, it was going to be a good game when a fight broke out in the first 2 seconds of the game and about half the team on both sides end up in the penalty box. Just an FYI, the refs do not break up the fight until the players fall down on the ice and no one wants to look a wimp and fall down first so they can go on for awhile.

Our seats ended up being right behind the Stockton Thunders team and all that separated us was a piece of plexiglass. You missed part of the game with the coaches walking back and forth but it was very entertaining to see the players up close. We got to see the skates being sharpened, a hanging tooth pulled out, the same sweating/snot filled towel passed around from player to player (that grossed me out more than the blood), and we are still trying to figure out why there was double bubble gum evenly spaced out along the back ledge. One thing to note, the equipment manger did an excellent job, and yeah, he wasn’t too bad to look as well. Then again, he actually had all of his teeth unlike the players.

In the end Stockton won and I was glad because I felt they were my home team after watching them so intently.

No comments:

Post a Comment