Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Birthday James Garner

Happy 82nd Birthday to James Garner!

To celebrate his birthday let me recommend three must see films of his or least my three favorite films of his:

The Great Escape (1963)
Allied POWs plan for several hundred of their number to escape from a German camp during World War II.

My thoughts: This is one of my favorite war films and Garner’s character “The Scrounger” is brilliantly played.

Support Your Local Sheriff (1969)
McCullough is "passing through on my way to Australia" when he takes a job in a gold rush town. After a startling display of marksmanship he immediately arrests the youngest son of the evil landowner. A battle of hired guns begins as McCullough continues to tame the town and defeat the gunslingers with a combination of skill and wit.

My thoughts: Laugh out loud funny with so many memorable moments.

Murphy’s Romance (1985)
Emma is a divorced woman with a teen aged boy who moves into a small town and tries to make a go of a horse ranch. Murphey is the town druggist who steers business her way. Things are going along predictably until her ex husband shows up.

My thoughts: A different kind of romantic comedy that shows that love has no age.

No comments:

Post a Comment