Sunday, April 4, 2010

Duke

You might well think that I would be talking about Mr. John Wayne himself being me, but I’m talking about the great men’s basketball team the Blue Devils out of North Carolina from Duke University. I have been a fan of Duke and have cheered for them each season during March Madness since Christian Laettner played for them. Remember him? He was the only college player in the 1992 Dream Team for the Olympics. Now that was a team and I could go on and on about the Dream Team but that is for another day. I am still a true BYU fan, but I have faced the facts that BYU will probably never make it to the final four (but then again look at Butler) and I have to cheer for someone. So last night I was very happy that Duke won over West Virginia. I think it was partially due to the sacrifice of my friend AJ that was willing to watch the game with me even though sports are not her thing (now that is a meaning of a true friend, to do things just because they know it will make you happy).

Tomorrow night I am sad that I have to work and miss the big game though in my heart I will be happy no matter who wins, because I am all about the Cinderella story especially since it is Butler.

No comments:

Post a Comment