Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

This past weekend (February 5-7) AJ, AMM, DAP, and I went down to Vegas for a relaxing weekend. It all started off that I wanted to see Bette Midler perform (she is suppose to be one of the best live performances ever) and so we decided we would go down. Then come to find out that she ended her engagement the weekend before. But we decided that we needed a relaxing vacation one that was not packed with million things to do like our other vacations. We even had a suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full on kitchen, and living room.

Friday night we walked the strip, went up the Eifel Tower to get a view of the city, watched the fountain at the Bellagio (very entertaining, could have watched it for hours, better than fireworks) and explored the different themed hotels. Just an FYI you can miss “The Fall of Atlantis” at Creasers Palace, it was just too cheesy. We even had a buffet dinner since that is what you are suppose to do in Vegas.

Saturday we spent all day shopping at the outlets. Yes, you may laugh picturing me shopping, let alone for hours! I just never got the whole thing about girls and their love of shopping. At night we went to the Wynn hotel for the performance of “The Leve” (The Dream in French). Our hotel concierge recommended it and it was pretty amazing. Think Esther Williams MGM musical on steroids. Since that probably means nothing to anyone I will explain. It was choreographed by the person who does the Circ del Soleill programs but with water. You have high flying acrobats, divers, synchronized swimming, etc. Worth the money.

Sunday slept in and then went to church. Afterwards we headed down to tour the Hoover Dam. I really enjoyed it. I was very impressed. I recommend the next time you drive down that way, stop and take the hour tour. I kept thinking of Superman (1978) while walking along the Dam. Honestly, my mind always wonders to films. Then we drove home.

Though I enjoyed seeing the hotels from the Rat Pack days, though they have changed so much (watch the original Ocean’s Eleven and you will know what I mean); I can cross Vegas off my list of things to do and be content to never go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment