Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day!

To honor this special day I have enclosed some of my favorite quotes from the film Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray. I love that film and this holiday.


Phil: Do you ever have déjà vu, Mrs. Lancaster?
Mrs. Lancaster: I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen.


Phil: Hey commander, what's going on?
State Trooper: There's nothing going on. We're closing the road. Big blizzard moving in.
Phil: What blizzard? It's a couple of flakes.
State Trooper: Don't you listen to the weather? We got a major storm here.
Phil: I make the weather! All of this moisture coming up out of the Gulf is gonna push off to the east and hit Altoona.
State Trooper: Pal, you got that moisture on your head. Now you can go back to Punxsutawney, or you can go ahead and freeze to death. It's your choice. So what's it gonna be?
Phil: [pauses] I'm thinking...


Phil: Come on, *all* the long distance lines are down? What about the satellite? Is it snowing in space? Don't you have some kind of a line that you keep open for emergencies or for celebrities? I'm both. I'm a celebrity in an emergency.


Phil: This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.


Phil: [Holding Phil the Groundhog behind the wheel] Don't drive angry. Don't drive angry!


[Phil Connors is stopped by the police after some crazy driving]
Phil: Yeah, three cheeseburgers, two large fries, two chocolate shakes and one large coke.
Ralph: [to Phil] And some flapjacks.
Phil: [to Cop] Too early for flapjacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment