Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Airborne Toxic Event

On June 1st AJ, DF, and I went to a concert that I have been waiting for over 2 years to come to Utah- Airbone Toxic Event. I first fell in love with the group with their song Sometime Around Midnight and they have had me hooked ever since.

I have to say they were my favorite concert I have ever been to and here is why:

They were personable with the crowd- Mikel Jollett twice walked out into the crowd during the concert and came out afterwards to talk to fans. (I got one person away from him before he switched directions).

I love that their keyboard stand is a stack of books.

They mix instruments like the violin and the cello into their music. (FYI a man playing a cello is very sexy without the tux)

The band members each can play multiple instruments and switch around during the concert.

Noah Harmon looks like a cross between Maxwell Claufield and Bruce Springsteen (yeah, I have a little bit of a crush).

They actually have cool band t-shirts to purchase and thanks to AJ I have one!

And of course their music is great!

So even though my ears rang for three days after the concert it was worth it and here is just a sample why:

No comments:

Post a Comment