Sunday, February 13, 2011

Primary

I have been called to teach Primary. I will admit it is not my first choice in the calling category, but it is defiantly not the worst on my list. I will be teaching the 9 year olds. As I have mentioned before I have only substituted in Primary on occasion so this is new territory for me. I will have to get a Primary Songbook because (I’m dating myself here) the “new” songbook came out the last year I was in Primary so the majority of the songs are new to me.

Today I got a quick crash course in teaching. I was in Sunday School when the Primary secretary came in and got me and asked me to substitute in Primary today for the 8 year old class since the teacher went home with a sick child. So I was handed the manual, pointed to the classroom, and had 40 minutes of class time to fill. Luckily the lesson was on Jesus’ baptism so I could wing it. I think today was to show me gratitude for the class I will be teaching in two weeks and be glad I will not be teaching this class of very rambunctious boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment